There are several options, depending on what you would like to do:
- You can use a feature info request and point to some location. The response will contain a date field within it.
- You can use the WFS service with the same parameters as used in your WMS request (e.g. date, cloud coverage). You will get a list of features representing scenes fitting the criteria.
- You can configure the layer to show acquisition dates.
- Go to the layer of choice.
- Click the "Advanced" button in the Layer tab to enter advanced parameters dialogue.
- (optional) You can turn on Help by clicking on "?" top right.
- Add "additionalData" node with type "Date"
- Click Save in Advanced parameters dialogue and Layers tab.